Sunday, August 13, 2006

End of a Chapter…

Today I heard a song that I listened to a lot when I was a freshman in college. I thought of how memorable that year was, I thought about tailgating and football, about living in Columbia and being on my own for the first time in my life. My thoughts wandered to my next year at the fraternity and then the many visits I made after I transferred. I finally reached the present and it occurred to me that those memories are all that I have left in Columbia. Abbey is starting her final year, and needless to say, I will be making no weekend drives there. I don’t know, I guess it was just kind of a weird realization that I had today and I felt like writing about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you Steve! Love, Me.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

man, we're at opposite ends of the spectrum, i'm going back for my 7th year... 5 as a student, 2 as a weekend warrior and while it's a good place to spend some time and come back, i think when it's time to move on, it's time to move on. don't forget, there's always the homecoming football games.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter