Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Like I said, I am trying to update my blog on a regular basis. So here goes, even thought it is something from the past.

Thanksgiving was the crappiest day I have had all year.

I stayed up all night working on an architecture studio project, only to find out that it was "total scheisse" when I came time to present. I know this may not sound that bad since I said it all in one sentence; but I was sleep deprived, exhausted, utterly disappointed at one of the first really bad project reviews that I have ever had, and most of all missing out on perhaps my favorite holiday of the year. No football, no family, no pilgrams and indians, no nothing. I left the room to go for a walk. I just wanted to be somewhere else.

After 5 more hours of presentations I made my way to church for a much needed thanksgiving dinner. It was there, as we were giving thanks, that I realized that even when my real family is miles away and nothing is going right, I have brothers and sisters in the family of the church that are always there for me. The community of christ is truly a blessing, both when things are good and crappy.

On a lighter note, the next night we had a thanksgiving party in the student apartments with several americans, french people, germans, well lots of people, and of course a thanks giving must-have was our mexican friend belting out "la Bamba" and playing his guitar.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter