Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A couple of days later we got on a train headed for Lagos. Lagos came recommended to me and other people in the group as the best beach in Europe. Even though I was there in late February I would say it almost lived up to its claim to fame. Actually, I think San Sebastian would be better. Nevertheless, at this point in the season the warm weather of southern portugal was incredible and enought to get me into the water for abotu 20 minutes. It was also nice to have a 2 mile stretch of beach almost to ourselves.


If you know me then you know that I like to bodysurf like a ....person who like to bodysurf. This has a bit to do with the fact that you need no equipment to do it and I have no equipment. The other part is that there is something priceless about gliding olong the water withoug a boat or motor.
That evening I split an incredible dinner with my friend Isaac. It was a fish sampler and I wish I could have eaten in english. But dang it, I ate it in portuguese. I ate something called aflkjadflkjaflha and it was the best fish I have ever had. I asked the waiter what it was called and he said "lkajflkjafl;j" It was incredible and I want to eat it again but I fear I will get an odd look from the waiter if I order alfjaflkjdflajlfkdj. I don't know maybe it will work.

Overall Lagos is what Lagos was supposed to be, a relaxing beach town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter